REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communication, Sales, Visitor Experience
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Exempt
Visit Bellevue serves as Bellevue, Washington’s Official Destination Management Organization. Our mission is to stimulate economic growth and development in Bellevue’s visitor economy and inspire memorable visitor experiences. Visit Bellevue is guided by an advisory board comprised of civic and tourism industry leaders with oversight by the Bellevue Convention Center Authority and Bellevue Tourism Promotion Area with ongoing recommendations from our four Bellevue Tourism Councils.
We strive to be a collective voice to develop, grow, and manage Bellevue’s Hospitality and Tourism community and build our industry to further increase our overall economic impact to $2 billion by the end of 2023. Through the impact of travel, by increasing the number of visitors, and through the implementation of Bellevue's Destination Development Plan, we strengthen Bellevue's economic position, bringing direct economic benefit to our city and providing an elevated quality of life for our community.
The Marketing Manager for Visit Bellevue is responsible for managing and execution of Visit Bellevue marketing collateral, paid campaigns, websites, emails, publications, SMS, and marketing assets on an ongoing basis.
The Visit Bellevue Marketing Manager will develop, position, and promote active, consistent, and meaningful marketing programs on a day-to-day basis through digital and traditional marketing channels to ensure open, inclusive, transparent, and professional marketing consistent with the Visit Bellevue destination brand, marketing plan, and the Bellevue Destination Development Plan.
He/She/They engages with Visit Bellevue staff, partners, and stakeholders to fulfill the mission, vision, strategy, and programs of Visit Bellevue and works to develop collaboration, visibility, alignment, and support for Visit Bellevue, and the Bellevue Destination Development Plan.
He/She/They will work as part of Visit Bellevue’s marketing and communication department while supporting Visit Bellevue Sales and Visitor Experience departments and programs.
- Participates in developing and execution of marketing strategy and implementation of all marketing efforts including collaborating with marketing team on marketing efforts.
- He/She/They is responsible for managing the layout, design, and deployment for Visit Bellevue’s marketing assets and programs to include but not limited to print collateral, websites, email marketing, sales materials/assets, digital publications (Aspire by Visit Bellevue – Planners Edge), blogs (Insiders Edge – The Vue), SMS, newsletter (The Buzz, Media Brief), and paid media assets and campaigns.
- He/She/They is responsible for managing Visit Bellevue’s CMS database and program (Simpleview) to include working with our vendor(s), advertising agency, ongoing learning, best practices, and outreach to ensure our websites are up to date, branded, and accurate.
- Works with Visit Bellevue marketing agency for all layout and design while providing all in-house design when needed for Visit Bellevue collateral, websites, advertisements, communications, and presentations as needed and on an ongoing basis.
- Manages social media, co-develops, executes social media strategies to enhance engagement and promote Bellevue as a destination with the communications manager. Analyzes metrics, schedules content, creates content, and creates strategy along with Communications Manager.
- Working with staff and digital optimization vendor, in the execution of the Visit Bellevue search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) conversion efforts with a mission to increase traffic from key search engines to our websites and to generate agreed-to actions on-site through implementation of suggested SEO improvements and keywords etc.
- Manage Visit Bellevue digital marketing and video projects, including production, deployment, distribution, and functionality of Visit Bellevue digital marketing programs.
- Regularly managing and execution of digital asset management programs including photos, videos, and images by collecting and staying current on Bellevue businesses, organizations, key partners, news, and regional businesses from the hospitality/tourism/visitor industry. Including team implementation of the Visit Bellevue marketing plan.
- Participate in, provide reporting, information, and updates for Visit Bellevue’s ongoing meetings relative to Visit Bellevue’s marketing programs. These include but are not limited to weekly staff meetings, monthly advisory board meetings, sub-committees, tourism councils, and partner meetings.
- Work with Marketing and Communications team to create and deliver highly engaging and branded partner information, newsletters, collateral, websites, and other marketing and sales related communications.
- Ensure that Visit Bellevue staff is updated, connected to, and current on projects, happenings, industry, and marketing programs. Ensure that Partner information is included and accurate in Visit Bellevue information, sales, visitor experience, and marketing outlets.
- Identify and develop new marketing opportunities for Visit Bellevue programs and initiatives on an ongoing basis. Make recommendations for initiatives and programs that will engage in supporting the Bellevue destination development plan.
- Continually review and analyze the Visit Bellevue marketing analytics, offerings, partner opportunities, sponsorships, and work to keep them current, relevant, and valuable.
- Attend community, business organization, municipal, and key partner meetings and events as needed and applicable as a representative of Visit Bellevue as needed and on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Visitor Experience department with collateral, websites for ongoing programs including visitor information, visitor communications, special plans, programs, projects, and visitor surveys on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Sales Department with marketing support within the meetings and convention vertical market segment and with their ongoing assets relative to sales proposals, materials, and presentations.
- Ensure proper awareness, engagement, coordination, and maximum return on investment from Visit Bellevue marketing programs.
MARKETING MANAGER KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS & GOALS
Marketing & Communications Results
Content Engagement (Click Thru, Shares, Likes, & Subscribers)
Earned Media Generated
Branding and Positive Sentiment
Overnight Visitors & Visitor Spending
ALLOCATION OF TIME
Execution of Marketing Projects, Website, Collateral, Adverting, Digital: 60% – 70%
Asset Development & Management (Photo / Video / ETC.): 15% – 20%
Database Management, Follow Up, and Administrative: 10% -15%
Projects & Collaboration: 10%
Events, Activities & Other: 5%
- Four-year degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Tourism, Business, or relevant field of study.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing required; additional marketing and/or digital experience a plus; tourism, travel, or related industry experience a plus.
- In-depth understanding of marketing and digital marketing, Bellevue, The Bellevue Destination Development Plan, and both short-term and long-term Visit Bellevue programs, goals, and priorities.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, vendors, partners, managers, colleagues, tourism & hospitality industry, and the public.
- Strong writing skills. Able to create business reports, business correspondence and memorandums.
- Strong interpersonal skills & professional relationship builder and ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent professional judgment and discretion.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Excellent proficiency in project management processes, workflow and terminology.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Must possess excellent organizational networking and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in marketing/digital media as well as destination marketing and sales.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Some travel and flexible hours may be required.
- At times, the Visit Bellevue Marketing Manager may be required to work evenings, weekends and/or events.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time, with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. He/She/They is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time as well as stand, bend and/or stoop, talk and hear. He/She/They must be able to drive and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
Visit Bellevue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This statement applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$72,000.00 - $88,000.00 per year including full benefits package.