Public Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
COMPENSATION: $80,000 + competitive benefits
The Public Relations Manager for Visit Bellevue is pivotal to the execution of the Visit Bellevue public relations effort. He/she works with the Marketing team to advance Visit Bellevue goals, including driving awareness, earned media coverage and proactive media relations.
The Public Relations Manager will work in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications team for ongoing management of Visit Bellevue’s press outreach programs, facilitation, and management of influencer marketing collaborations, and assisting with coordination of visiting press and VIP tours, all to position Bellevue as a premier destination.
He/she participates in developing strategic communications launch plans and messaging calendars, press releases and media talking points. Monitoring of sentiment and media mentions as well as reputation management channels will assist the Visit Bellevue Communications team in continually building a positive reputation and brand.
Some travel and flexible hours may be required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist with all marketing and communications projects on an as needed basis.
- Monitor marketing analytics to report on the performance of public relations plans and success of specific initiatives and campaigns.
- Maintain Visit Bellevue digital assets including photo and video databases.
- Work with vendor(s) to insure proper domain management for Visit Bellevue.
- Attend Visit Bellevue sponsored Marketing Events & Promotions.
- Four-year degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a communications or public relations role required, additional marketing and/or social media management skills are a plus.
- Tourism, travel, or related industry experience a plus.
- Experience with email distribution tools.
- Experience with crisis communications.
- Prior experience using analytics tools such as Cision or Meltwater.
- Experience managing agencies, partners, internal teams, and/or external stakeholders.
- Have a good understanding of current public relations and social media landscape.
- Must be able to implement market strategies and be capable of observing trends.
- Knowledge of AP Style. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organization skills.
- Must be able to perform job function with minimal supervision, even under pressure and as a cohesive team member.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Demonstrated creative thinker; ability to see the “big picture” and how all departments within the company are connected and work together.
- Ability to learn existing content management system.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively meet multiple project deadlines, excellent time management and flexible mindset.
- Sound understanding of public relations best practices.
- Effective understanding/use of latest technologies and online forums to advance destination brand.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time, with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and to bend, stoop and/or reach with hands and arms. He/she is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Visit Bellevue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This statement applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.