Visit Bellevue serves as Bellevue, Washington’s Official Destination Management Organization. Our mission is to stimulate economic growth and development in Bellevue’s tourism - visitor economy and inspire memorable visitor experiences. Visit Bellevue is guided by an advisory board comprised of civic and tourism industry leaders with oversight by the Bellevue Convention Center Authority and Bellevue Tourism Promotion Area with ongoing recommendations from our four Bellevue Tourism Councils. We strive to be a collective voice to develop, grow, and manage Bellevue’s Hospitality and Tourism community and build our industry to further increase our overall economic impact to $2 billion by the end of 2023. Through the impact of travel, by increasing the number of visitors, and through the implementation of Bellevue's Destination Development Plan, we strengthen Bellevue's economic position, bringing direct economic benefit to our city and providing an elevated quality of life for our community.
The Partnership Manager for Visit Bellevue is responsible for overall partner engagement in Visit Bellevue programs including marketing, communications, visitor experience, destination sales, partner events, sponsorships, co-ops, and special events. He/She/They engages with partners (businesses in Bellevue / regional tourism industry) and stakeholders (government and organizations) to fulfill the mission, vision, strategy, and programs of Visit Bellevue and works to develop collaboration, visibility, alignment, and support for Visit Bellevue, the Bellevue Destination Development Plan.
The Visit Bellevue Partnership Manager connects our industry partners and stakeholders (hotels, restaurants, attractions, retail, entertainment, events, tourism organizations, venues, and government) to engage with Visit Bellevue initiatives to drive Visit Bellevue’s success forward and is responsible for developing new partnerships, engaging existing partnerships while developing Visit Bellevue programs and initiatives. He/She/They is also responsible for the overall visibility for all Visit Bellevue programs and the overall management of partner and community relations. At times, the Partnership Manager may be required to work evenings, weekends and/or events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Regularly meets with Bellevue businesses, organizations, key partners, potential partners, and regional businesses from the hospitality/tourism/visitor industry to build strong relationships with Visit Bellevue to achieve our organizational goals and successfully implement the Bellevue Destination Development Plan.
• Maintain Visit Bellevue’s partnership database which is integral to our ongoing operation. This includes partner information, special offers, events, images, and individual contacts in Visit Bellevue CRM database to insure accurate, timely and comprehensive records. Also maintain proper information, reports, research, data, and updates on all Visit Bellevue partnership programs and systems.
• Coordinate monthly partner meetup program to ensure proper partner onboarding, awareness, engagement, and maximum return on investment from Visit Bellevue programs.
• Responsible for partnership agreements, partner content and program development, some sponsorship solicitation, digital asset development, co-op program development, and visitor experience development for Visit Bellevue. Publications include visitor guide / Aspire by Visit Bellevue, meeting planners guide, e-newsletters, visitor passport program, maps, and blogs. Sponsorship development including annual meeting, Bellevue destination awards, marketing and research forum, Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) events, and other industry networking events. Digital assets development includes website, digital magazine, visitor passports, blog, and sponsored content. Other programs development includes sales and PR missions and CTA program sign up, CTA events, and some other program development.
• Work with Marketing and Communications team to create and deliver highly engaging and useful partner information, content, newsletters, updates, information, events, and other marketing and sales related communications.
• Ensure that Visit Bellevue staff is updated and current on all news, happenings, and information from our Partners. Ensure that partner information is included and accurate in Visit Bellevue information, sales, communication, visitor experience, and marketing outlets.
• Ensure proper and accurate partner coverage in all Visit Bellevue content on an ongoing basis. Including representation to and for Bellevue multi-cultural communities, partners, events, attractions, and activities.
• Manage and ensure proper partner invoicing and accounting on an ongoing basis.
• Identify and develop new partnership opportunities for Visit Bellevue programs and initiatives on an ongoing basis. Make recommendations for initiatives and programs that will engage partners in supporting the Bellevue Destination Development Plan.
• Continually review and analyze the Visit Bellevue partner benefit offerings, partner opportunities, programs, sponsorships, and work to keep them current, relevant, and valuable.
• Attend community, business organization, and key partner meetings and events as a representative of Visit Bellevue on an ongoing basis
• Responsible for identifying key community events to sponsor/support and for securing Visit Bellevue or partner attendance at those events.
• Collaborate and contribute to Visit Bellevue Advisory Board, sub-committees, and Bellevue tourism councils as needed.
• Develop and administer partner surveys to monitor satisfaction among our partners on an ongoing basis.
PARTNERSHIP MANAGER KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS & GOALS
Partner Meetings & Connections: 15 per week minimum
Partner Database: Up to date, complete and continually developing
Partnership Engagement: Active, informed, and fully engaged partners / stakeholders to develop and maintain positive sentiment regarding Visit Bellevue and our Industry
Partner Satisfaction: Maintain minimum 95% positive partnership satisfaction
ALLOCATION OF TIME
Partner Meetings, Connections, and Communications: 50% – 60%
Database Management, Follow Up, and Administrative: 15% – 25%
Projects & Collaboration: 10% - 15%
Events, Activities & Other: 10% - 15%
• Four-year degree in Sales, Marketing, Tourism, Business, Communications, or relevant field of study.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in successful sales or partnership / membership development required; additional marketing and/or public relations experience a plus; tourism, travel, or related industry experience a plus.
• In-depth understanding of the tourism industry, Bellevue, the Puget Sound Region a plus.
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from partners, community, managers, colleagues, tourism & hospitality industry, and the public.
• Excellent presentation, sales, and public speaking ability. Strong writing skills. Able to create business reports, business correspondence and memorandums.
• Strong interpersonal skills & professional relationship builder and ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Excellent professional judgment and discretion.
• Strong ability to multi-task.
• Excellent proficiency in project management processes, workflow, and terminology.
• Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
• Must possess excellent organizational networking and planning skills.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in sales/marketing/digital media as well as destination marketing and sales.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with a positive and professional approach.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time, with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. He/She/They is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time as well as stand, bend and/or stoop, talk and hear. He/She/They must be able to drive and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
Visit Bellevue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This statement applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
COMPENSATION: Starting first year wage $81,000 including full benefits package.