Updated July 1, 2020
Yes, Bellevue is open!
Bellevue businesses are open including hotels, outdoor recreation, attractions, restaurants and shopping. All businesses have safely and cautiously implemented new procedures and protocols to ensure guest and employee health and wellness. Please stay aware for updates as they become available.
Travel Advisory for Travel and Visitation during Coronavirus Pandemic and Resources for Travelers, Community Members and Travel Industry Professionals
Visit Bellevue continues to proactively monitor news of the coronavirus, officially named COVID-19. We are working with the federal Government, State of Washington, Port of Seattle, City of Bellevue and other partners to watch the situation daily. We are in direct communication with our travel partners for real-time updates and are happy to provide further information to partners, clients and visitors. We encourage you to contact us if you have any have specific questions for our team.
Bellevue is OPEN!
Bellevue Hotels and Lodging facilities remain open and are available for safe and sanitary lodging. Bellevue Restaurants, Attractions and Retail Stores are also open and available for reduced capacity in-person dining and service as well as to go orders, delivery or curb-side pick up.
Washington State & King County Safety Measures
The State of Washington continues to make significant efforts to reduce the spread of the virus and has recently entered a phased approached to re-opening the state's assets and businesses to take place during May, June and July. Washington State has fully reopened outdoor recreation including access to public lands, this enables the day uses for hiking, biking, water sports including kayaking and fishing. We continue to recommend physical distancing of 6 feet or more. King County including Bellevue has officially been granted reopening status. You can read more about what that means for our businesses. The City of Bellevue has also issued important guidelines for retail and restaurants as they serve visitors and provide more flexibility.
Containing the Outbreak + Maintaining Public Health
Bellevue's hotels, attractions, restaurants and businesses are taking swift action to ensure their environments and properties are clean and safe. Keeping the public healthy and well is the highest priority to us, so the following action has been taken by our partners:
- Placed dedicated teams cleaning our public areas and high touch points all day long, using approved Ecolab chemicals proven to disinfect surfaces for viruses similar to COVID-19
- Instituted additional preventative actions focused on disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
- Increased Lobby Porter staffing with a focus on public area sanitation
- Purchased additional standing hand sanitizer stations and wall mounted dispensers that are placed throughout hotels and the convention center
- Created awareness with staff to ensure that everyone is using peroxide chemical cleaner to continually wipe down all contact areas and that everyone is continually washing hands/using sanitizer stations as a way to prevent any spread of germs.
- Purchased higher levels of Personal Protective Equipment to ensure staff are not spreading germs or contamination while cleaning/servicing the rooms. Placed extra sanitizing stations in the back of house to ensure good habits are encouraged
- Placed signage in the event public areas and restrooms to encourage hand washing
- Trash cans near the doors inside the restrooms to assist guests open the doors with a tissue