Updated June 1, 2020
Yes, Bellevue is open!
Bellevue hotels remain open as other businesses are slowly and cautiously reopening in June. Including outdoor recreation, attractions, restaurants and shopping. Please stay aware for updates as they become available.
Travel Advisory for Travel and Visitation during Coronavirus Pandemic and Resources for Travelers, Community Members and Travel Industry Professionals
Visit Bellevue continues to proactively monitor news of the coronavirus, officially named COVID-19. We are working with the federal Government, State of Washington, Port of Seattle, City of Bellevue and other partners to watch the situation daily. Simply put, this global outbreak is significant. We are in direct communication with our travel partners for real-time updates and are happy to provide further information to partners, clients and visitors. We encourage you to contact us if you have any have specific questions for our team.
Washington State Safety Measures
The State of Washington continues to make significant efforts to reduce the spread of the virus and has recently announced a phased approached to re-opening the state's assets and businesses to take place during May & June. On May 4th the State will reopen outdoor recreation including public lands, this enables the day uses for hiking, biking, water sports including kayaking and fishing. Each phase still recommends the continuation physical distancing of 6 feet or more.
Guidance For Travelers
Bellevue hotels and lodging facilities remain open and are available for safe and sanitary lodging needs. Most Bellevue restaurants are available for to go orders, delivery or curb-side pick up. It is anticipated that restaurants will open for on-premise reduced capacity dining in late May. Retail stores will be available for curb-side pick up beginning May 4th and it is anticipated that in-store reduced capacity shopping will open in late-May. Please check back or contact Visit Bellevue for ongoing updates. Please check individual attractions for schedules and status throughout May.
Containing the Outbreak + Maintaining Public Health
Bellevue's hotels, attractions, restaurants and businesses are taking swift action to ensure their environments and properties are clean and safe. Keeping the public healthy and well is the highest priority to us, so the following action has been taken by our partners:
- Placed dedicated teams cleaning our public areas and high touch points all day long, using approved Ecolab chemicals proven to disinfect surfaces for viruses similar to COVID-19
- Instituted additional preventative actions focused on disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
- Increased Lobby Porter staffing with a focus on public area sanitation
- Purchased additional standing hand sanitizer stations and wall mounted dispensers that are placed throughout hotels and the convention center
- Created awareness with staff to ensure that everyone is using peroxide chemical cleaner to continually wipe down all contact areas and that everyone is continually washing hands/using sanitizer stations as a way to prevent any spread of germs.
- Purchased higher levels of Personal Protective Equipment to ensure staff are not spreading germs or contamination while cleaning/servicing the rooms. Placed extra sanitizing stations in the back of house to ensure good habits are encouraged
- Placed signage in the event public areas and restrooms to encourage hand washing
- Trash cans near the doors inside the restrooms to assist guests open the doors with a tissue