MENU CLOSE
MENU

Bellevue Festivals & Events Incubator Program Application

Visit Bellevue, Bellevue Tourism Promotion Area in partnership with Bellevue’s Lodging & Hospitality Industry, and the City of Bellevue is pleased to provide funding and support services for Bellevue festivals and events. This program is intended to attract, incubate, and grow Bellevue festivals and events that celebrate, and enhance the quality of life for visitors and residents, and that foster a positive image and Bellevue visitor experience.

Deadline

Applications will be accepted and processed on an ongoing basis. Applicants can expect a decision once per quarter and within 90 – 120 days of application.

Bellevue Priorities

Festivals & events that address and include the following priorities will be prioritized higher and over other applicants:

  1.  Grow weekend business (spans Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights)

  2.  Multiple days in order to attract & encourage longer overnight stays

  3.  Includes out of region and out of state consumers to encourage tourism

  4. Festival / event takes place in a need month of Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / Nov / Dec

  5. Included in the following Bellevue focus area: Technology, Wellness, Culinary, Multi-Cultural, Shopping (Fashion), Creative Economy, Meetings, and Conventions. And has diversity, equity, and inclusion as a priority.

  6. Has diversity, equity, and inclusion as a priority.

 

Funding Levels

Levels of support will range from $7,500 to $50,000 and to ensure future sustainability can follow a three-year funding cycle.

$7,500 - $15,000 The festival / event has the potential to bring or has demonstrated in previous festivals / events at least 250 - 500 room nights to Bellevue hotels that can directly be attributed to the event.

$15,000 - $25,000 The festival / event has the potential to bring Bellevue at least 500 – 1000 room nights that can directly be attributed to the event.

$25,000 - $50,000 The festival / event has the potential to bring Bellevue at least 1000 – 3000 room nights that can directly be attributed to the event.

$50,000 The festival / event has the potential to bring Bellevue over 3000 room nights that can directly be attributed to the event.

 

Festival & Event Information

Applicants will electronically submit a completed application with any supplemental documents. Applications should be submitted with the form below. Questions and engagement are welcome info@visitbellevuewa.com.

Event Information

Please fill out as much information as possible to help us understand your event.

$

Organization

Event Marketing

Event Attendance

Event Budget

* Indicates a required field.



The projected budget, which will include both revenue and expense categories. All income (including in-kind) will be broken out individually by amount, source, and identified as secured or pending. Expenses will be itemized. What are the shared resources? This is demonstrated through other sources of cash, donations and in- kind contributions of materials, staff, and volunteer time provided to the event.

Disbursement: Grant awards are provided as a cash investment — 60 percent is distributed upon approval four months prior to the event. The remaining 40 percent is disbursed after the event’s completion and submission of the event’s Final Report.

If granted sponsorship from the Bellevue Festivals & Events Incubator Program, your event will be responsible for the following:

  • Include the Visit Bellevue logo under your list of sponsors. Prominent link to Visit Bellevue’s website homepage

  • Include a link to Visit Bellevue's homepage on your event's homepage and on the registration page

  • Bellevue Hotel room blocks (administered by Visit Bellevue staff) must be provided prominently with all festival / event information

  • To the best of your ability, collect and provide attendee information and demographics requested in the Final Report.

  • The Final Report must include an event economic impact report to be filled out (provided and administered by Visit Bellevue staff).

The Bellevue Festival & Events Tourism Council, a tourism council of Visit Bellevue, reviews and recommends applicant funding. Visit Bellevue Advisory Board and the Bellevue Tourism Promotion Board approves each grant and oversees policy for the program. The Visit Bellevue staff administers the program on an ongoing basis.