Bellevue is one of the most vibrant and growing cities in North America, and nowhere is this more evident than in the many new projects and developments recently completed or now underway around the city. From new transportation options to complexes that include offices, retail, amazing restaurant space and new hotels, Bellevue is gearing up to offer even more for groups, events, meetings and conventions.
EAST LINK LIGHT RAIL (OPENING 2023)
The East Link Light Rail will be a convenient form of transportation for meeting attendees headed downtown and will connect downtown Bellevue with the city of Seattle as well as Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (airport transfer service estimated to be less than an hour).
Courtesy of Sound Transit
AVENUE BELLEVUE, a luxury mixed-use development opening in 2022 (Pictured on the right)
- 322 luxury condos
- Open-air plaza with retail, fine dining, and nightlife
- 252-room InterContinental hotel with 14,250 square feet of meeting space, two bars and restaurant
- 54-story, 286-room hotel
- 443 dwelling units
- More than 1.6 million square feet of office space
- 34,000 square feet of retail space
Courtesy of Avenue Bellevue
NEW OFFICE, RETAIL & ENTERTAINMENT SPACE
Many of Bellevue’s dozens of new real estate projects are centered around two especially important neighborhoods for meetings and groups: Downtown, where the convention center and multiple hotels are located, and the Spring District, a new urban neighborhood that’s pedestrian-friendly and well connected by mass transit.
THE SPRING DISTRICT
Positioned at the crossroads of the East Link Light Rail, multiple bus lines, bike trails, and pedestrian walkways
- Block 12, a complex anchored by Brewpub and the REI Market Hall, the headquarters of the retail company Recreational Equipment, Inc.
- Part of the Phased Spring District Development, the Brewpub will be home to approximately 9,000 square feet of brewery and restaurant space, an outdoor beer garden, and 14,000 square feet of office space.
- New office space for Facebook, which recently leased a third office building called Block 6, which will measure more than 320,000 square feet when complete, with 2,500 square feet of retail space.
Cloudvue (under construction) will feature:
- A nearly 4.2-million-square-foot, mixed-use complex
- Bellevue’s largest high-rise project
- Three 600-foot skyscrapers
- 1.7 million square feet of office space
- 515 residential units
- 40,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space